Re: [Shop-talk] genie garage door opener installation?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] genie garage door opener installation?
From: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:56:30 -0800 (PST)
The way I have always done it was to assemble the unit on the floor, then
attach the rail end to the bracket that you mount above the garage door.  Then
lift the motor unit and set it on top of a step ladder. Then use a box or
something as a spacer to lift it up to its final position if you can.  Then
you can get all of the brackets to hang it from positioned exactly right and
mark everything.    Then you might take it down and cut and mount all of the
support bracketry and then repeat the step of putting it on top of the ladder
again and bolt it in place.

Jim