Re: [Shop-talk] Mysterious Stip Heater

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mysterious Stip Heater
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:10:17 -0500
Doug Braun wrote:
> If the heater was meant for 120V and it was connected to 220V, it
> would burn out, blow the circuit breaker (or burn up) REAL fast!

   I wouldn't bet your house on this, but I know of at least one heater
in my world that is 220v or 110v.

   The heater element in my hot tub is the same whether your tub is 110v
or 220v. It is rated for 1500w at 110v or 6000w at 220v.

   So I wouldn't take this as ANY recommendation to let 'er rip at 220v
unattended, but if it's just a plain resistance heater....