Re: [Shop-talk] Welding wire: price and size

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding wire: price and size
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:03:19 -0800
Jim,

24 will be easier than 30 to weld sheet metal with.  I found a huge
difference in welding on my 1960 TR3 and my 1980 TR8.  The steel was better
in the 60's and far easier to get goods welds.  It may have been the
thickness, but the '3 welded up like butter and the '8 fought me tooth and
nail.  Go figure.

As far as HF wire, I have no experience with it.

Jack