[Shop-talk] toasters, under-cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] toasters, under-cabinet
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:41:43 +0000
I suppose I could lie and say this toaster was in my shop...
If this is too OT for you, please reply privately.

toasters, under-cabinet

We have a Black & Decker Spacemaker Optima Horizontal Toaster in our kitchen.
We like it because it is mounted to the bottom of the upper cabinets and does
not take up any counter-top space.

It's dying. We'd like to get another one, but I think it was taken off the
market. Apparently, people who can't read and follow installation directions
were cleverly devising ways to catch their kitchens on fire.

Does anyone else make a toaster that mounts to the bottom of upper cabinets?

Alternatively, if we are stuck with buying a toaster that sits on the counter,
what's a good one? We don't mind spending some money for something that will
work well and last. Cheap crap need not apply.

We would want it to have the capacity to toast split bagels as well as sliced
bread. A stay-cool outside would be nice, too, so "clumsy" here does not toast
a bread-wrapper some sleepy morning.

62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package,
79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier