Re: [Shop-talk] Sub Zero (Was- Freon Leak detectors)

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sub Zero (Was- Freon Leak detectors)
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:45:37 -0600
My Sub Zero is about 15 years old. It is a 532. We've owned it for about
11 years and have always had a problem in humid weather that ice will
form on the top of the freezer on the sloped part of the case, right
inside the door gasket. If left long enough it wil keep the door from
closing. The gasket is sealing all around, but I assume I have an air
leak somewhere. I've the freezer completely and checked each place where
wires, hoses, etc. come into the box, but can't find any leaks. I've
also added more putty to the penetrations, but that didn't help.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a heater above the freezer
door like the one in the mullion between the two doors? If so, it isn't
working and it looks like it would be a real pain to replace!If I had
some idea as to the structure of the freezer top I might be able to cut
into the top of the case and replace/add a heater from outside the case,
but that would be a bit more work than I would like to do.

Thanks for your help.

Peace,
Pat

--
---
Pat Horne                              512.797.7501