Re: [Shop-talk] 3d drawing package needed

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 3d drawing package needed
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:59:51 +0300
I still use 3D Home Architect.  I have a version from DOS, and it still
works great!

It's so simple to use, and easy to understand.  It is a little limited in
some of the features, but I'm sure a newer version (maybe one not created
in the 80's) would have them.  But it works fine for everything I do.

Even better, it was free.  It fits on a 3.5" floppy.

In fact, I most likely have the files here in Iraq with me, if you want I
could upload it to my server and you could get it there. (and know that
it's free from viruses, spyware, and adware.)

If there is any interest, let me know and I'll get it up there.

Don't worry about licensing, the copy I got was for free (and I'm 99%
positive the original disk say, "distribute freely.")

OK, I just opened up the app (no installation necessary!) and I can't tell
if it is a freeware or licence copy.  But I do remember getting it for
free.  Oh yeah, the software is from 1995.  It's a 8.5 meg d/l.

It does do a good material list.

This would NOT be good for doing a single book shelf, but for any
structure plans it works good enough to get a good feel for the project.

If nothing else, it would give you a free for the software and if you
wanted to plop down the cash for the latest version.

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

"Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
01/13/2009 07:42 AM

"Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] 3d drawing package needed

Mark,

I built out a large room with a bath and utility room and used a program
called 3D Home Architect by Broderbund.  It took a while to learn but
worked
nice and made a materials list for each part that I was working on.  I
also
used it for cabinets and was able to take the drawing to the cabinetmaker
work from.  Not expensive but don't know where to send you to find it,
maybe
eBay.  Nice 3D visuals as well as detail drawings.

Mark
Nashville