Re: [Shop-talk] Removable wall panels?

To: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "Shop Talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removable wall panels?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:32:20 -0600
Faced with a similar thing a few years ago, I opted to make a section of
wall removable, drywall and all, so I can eventually change my furnace
without tearing out the wall and rebuilding it.  I was building the wall
anyway, so I made a section of the framing removable, with structural screws
into the joists above and wall alongside, and Tapcons into the concrete
floor.  Just used the straight edge of the drywall against the ajdoining
wall with a tight joint, no tape.  If you look you can see the crack, but
it's hardly noticeable.

Karl