Re: [Shop-talk] Water softeners - wrong link the first time!

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water softeners - wrong link the first time!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:01:48 -0800
> Here is one such system:
> http://www.waterfilter-usa.com/saltfree-water-softeners-c-75.html

Wild.  I had never even heard of such a thing.

But I note that it's only effective against calcium carbonate; which while
likely the most common source of hardness is by no means the only one.  So
how effective it is depends on just what is in your water.  If it's
magnesium, iron, sulfur, etc, this isn't the softener for you.

Not quite sure what's in my water, but it doesn't seem to be calcium
carbonate.

Randall