Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:48:22 -0800 (PST)
When we moved to a new house ~3 years ago, it had zillions of those
ceiling-mounted 65-watt reflector bulbs.  Then I saw that the local hardware
store had a real good subsidized price on "Feit" brand reflector bulbs, so I
bought a dozen.  At this point, there are only one or two left in servixe, the
rest have all burned out.  I had left incandescent bulbs in s few places, and I
found that the Feit bulbs burned out about as often as the incandescents.

Since then I have generally bought GE or Philips, and they seem to last longer.
 Of course, they are all made in China...

Doug