Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless Impact Wrenches

To: Gordon Wishon <gwishon@nd.edu>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cordless Impact Wrenches
From: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:33:45 -0400
I highly recommend the Milwaukee 18V. I've had one for ~5 years now,
and it still works great. In fact I just replaced the batteries with
the newer lithium ion packs, and it's better than new!

The one I have is listed here:
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=9079-22&CategoryNam
e=SC%3a+Impact+Wrenches

It's big and heavy- but it's never failed to remove a lug nut. Mine's
also marked Made in USA- not sure if they still are.

-Larry

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Gordon Wishon <gwishon@nd.edu> wrote:
> I'm seeking recommendations for a medium duty cordless impact wrench.
 It'll
> be mostly for home and some track use, principally for changing tires and
> occasional chassis and exhaust work.
>
> I've seen the usual suspects from DeWalt, Mikwaukee, and Makita in 18V and
24V
> =" sizes, as well as the smaller and lighter 3/8" models.
>
> What sort of things should I be looking for?  My guess is that I'll need to
> trade off characteristics such as weight, torque, and battery life.
 Anything