[Shop-talk] well that can't be good...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] well that can't be good...
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 22:31:28 +0000 (UTC)
so I read doug shook's post about water heater maintenance and that got me
thinking I haven't drained the heater recently, and maybe a new anode couldn't
hurt, either.

so I hook up the hose, open the valve, and...nothing. take off the hose, open
the valve. still nothing. a dribble.

I guess it's been so long that sediment appears to have completely clogged up
the drain valve.

the question is: what do I do now? I just closed the valve, just in case, but
it seems to me that this is probably not a Good Thing.

any ideas?

and while I'm asking, how exactly does one replace the anode? are they all in
the same place? there's no decal with an arrow that says, "anode here".

thanks.

scott