Re: [Shop-talk] weed - grass killers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] weed - grass killers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:26:38 -0400
At 08:41 AM 5/23/2009, john niolon wrote:

 >Shop-talk content - using sprayer as a tool !   now
 >
 >Our company just moved into an industrial site and we have 12 acres with
 >about 500-600 feet of 8' chain link fence on the perimeter and about 900' of
 >building that needs to be 'edged' .....

 >I want to kill grass, kudzu, briars, small trees... EVERYTHING !! ... then
 >our mowing will be a lot easier and faster. This is an industrial site and
 >grass and lawn care is considered a chore.

John,

Now I'm talking from a home owner's point of view, not commercial, but I've
had good luck with "Round-up".   Several years ago, I used it to kill
all the grass,
well weeds actually, in my front yard, then started over to try and get some
grass.

I also use it around the foundation of my house and my chain link fence to keep
the weeds and grass down and make mowing easier.  (The weed wacker doesn't
like the chain link fence.)  We had some Ivy growning under the fence and up a
neighbors house.  The didn't really want it on their house.  So I hit
it and the stuff
under the fence.  It took several applications but it did a job at
killing the Ivy.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229