Re: [Shop-talk] weed killer

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] weed killer
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:38:35 -0400
john niolon wrote:
> we've tried Roundup and Ortho Brush Killer and it browns it down but after 3
> weeks it's starting to green back up...  the current Roundup isn't what the

Try some 2,4-D stuff.  The surfactant seems to help it along quite a
bit.  Timing with the growth cycles is important too.  Later in the
summer, or anytime there's been a shortage of rain the plants become
somewhat dormant, and herbicides aren't as effective.  If you hit them
right after a good rain when there's a growth spurt in process is it
much more effective (and permanent.)  I over around Asheville NC, so I
have to deal with a the same crap, just slightly toned down from
Raleigh's level.

BTW, my source is an uncle who's worked every job there is in the
Nursery and Agri-Chem biz for 30+ years.  He's no longer licensed to buy
the strong stuff, but with his advice I've knocked out kudzu, poison ivy
and briars pretty permanently.

-Wayne