Re: [Shop-talk] mazda miata issue

To: Miq Millman <miq@bigllama.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] mazda miata issue
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 00:36:03 -0400
Miq Millman wrote:
> Scott -
>
> I'd bet a dollar your boss' car is suffering from the nose pulley failure
> common to early 1.6l Miatas.

   My wife has a 1.6L miata with the infamous "sport lightweight
crankshaft".

   Following the wisdom of the internet, I have never removed that front
bolt, ignoring the scheduled oil seal service, and it has been fine.

   The bolt USUALLY fails some time after it has been removed, and then
either torqued incorrectly or just bad luck.

   So to the original poster, was the crank bolt recently removed?