Re: [Shop-talk] Drilling into a gas tank

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "Steve Shipley" <shiples@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drilling into a gas tank
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:24:51 -0500
Given that nitrogen is all the rage for filling tires, you could take it to
the local tire place and have them fill it up. Or maybe you have a tig
welder and could use the argon to purge the container.

But all that seems to be a lot more work that it is worth. Assuming the plug
is in the lowest part of the tank - would it make sense to put the plug
anywhere else - the water idea seems to be the most practical for the
drilling and flushing of the dirt, followed by a gallon of alcohol from the
hardware store to flush what little water might remain, a fill of gas, a can
of seafoam and be done with it.

But that is just my personal opinion and is probably not even worth the
electricity your computer used while you viewed the email.