Re: [Shop-talk] Miata soft top rip

To: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Miata soft top rip
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:50:55 -0400
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM, PJ McGarvey<pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is a rip that isn't necessarily compromising the "weather-proof ness"
or
> would be in direct view from the outside or sun/rain, etc. but nonetheless
I'd
> like to get it fixed. B It's the part of the top that drops down when you
unzip
> the rear window. B It's a 96 Miata if that helps. B I'm thinking there might
be
> a way to stitch the rip and then seal it with patch and some flexible epoxy
of
> some kind.

I've never done it, but my local convertible top repair shop does it
all the time.  (Actually, these days, convertible top repair is a side
line, but it's what the sign still says.)  I don't know where you are,
but I bet you there's someone around who does this.  If you can't find
something in your yellow pages, ask the big used car dealerships.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com