[Shop-talk] Screwing steel studs?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Screwing steel studs?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:06:21 -0400
I bought some hex head self-tapping screws for this, but the heads
don't engage the driver enough to stop wobbling, and the screws take
forever to drill through the metal, both which conspire to have me
repeatedly smashing the drill into the fingers trying to hold the
screw. Sometimes I get lucky and the drill misses my fingers, but that
means I've moved quickly enough to slice my hand on the stud.

Is there a special screw for this? The 'net won't give anything up.

thanks,
jim