[Shop-talk] Table saw, (it's here.)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Table saw, (it's here.)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 05:42:07 -0400
OK, the new table saw came yesterday and I got it all set up.  I still
need a new electrical outlet for it, so I haven't run it yet, but it's all
set up.

I was very impressed overall, there are a few things I'm not so happy
with.  The blade guard and anti-kickback mechanism is a pain.  First, off,
it has a notch to hold it up (when you are changing the blade, etc.)  but
it doesn't want to stay "up."

I thought that there would be adjustable feet on the saw to level it,
there isn't (luckily, my floor is level there.)

One last rant, While I love that Bes. fence system, it REALLY could stand
to have a micro-adjustment thumb screw.

Other that those three things, the unit is great and I can't wait to make
something with it today!

I do have one question...

The saw is 230v.  So when I pour my concrete, I ran a 230v line to the
place where the table saw it, no problem there.

However, the saw I had been using is 120v.  So I used the other leg of the
line for an outlet at the table saw (on a separate breaker of course.)

It was REALLY convenient.

So, I was wondering, is there any appropriate way to split a 120 circuit
off of a 230 leg, and if so, how?  Let me know if I'm not being clear
enough with my question.

TIA

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.