Re: [Shop-talk] 80psi to 160psi without power?

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 80psi to 160psi without power?
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:52:52 -0500
The thing to remember about these systems is that the are strict
pressure multipliers.  So if you get double the pressure out the back
side, you have to put (a little more than) twice the volume in the
front side.  If your onboard compressor is a small piston type, it
will have to work a long time to get the job done.  These were
designed as someone else mentioned to be used on nitrogen bottles when
they are getting low on pressure.  There is still a lot of gas left in
them, but not enough pressure to do the job at hand.  But the systems
I have seen in the past were larger shop tools, not suitable for
vehicle installation.  They were also much cheaper.