Re: [Shop-talk] pressure washers

To: "Battmain" <battmain@yahoo.com>, "shoptalk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pressure washers
From: "Gil Fuqua" <Gil.Fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:33:45 -0500
My experience with pressure washers is bigger is better.  Look closely
at the GPM rate of the pump in addition to pressure.  It takes both to
clean off built up gunk.

The best money I spent was on a rotating nozzle.  There is no comparison
to how well it does versus the straight nozzles.  I bought my nozzle at
Northern Tool and it was about $100 for the nozzle alone.  Not only does
it do a better job in cleaning, it is also faster than the straight
nozzles.

You might also check with Northern for a pressure washer.  They have a
very wide selection and I would recommend one with a Honda engine and
CAT pump.  They are industry standards and you can get replacement parts
for both the engine and pump.  I had a Karcher pump with a 10hp Honda
and the pump failed. I replaced it with a CAT pump and have been very
pleased with its performance.

Gil Fuqua
Nashville.