Re: [Shop-talk] Brake squeal

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake squeal
From: crothfuss@coastalnet.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:07:01 -0400 (EDT)
   Did you look at the face of the pads?  I've seen several that squeeled
because they had what looked like thin smears of steel stuck in the surface.
(sometimes 1/4" wide an 1/2" long)  Sand pads on a flat surface (dispose of the
dust properly) and try them again.  Likely it's just some normal brake rust
patina crud that's built up and creating a squeel.

Chuck