[Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:06:17 -0700
Has anyone used one of the Harbor Freight variety of pressure
sandblasters?  I have an old Unisaw that I am restoring and I need to
blast the cabinet, base and some other parts.  Most of the guts will fit
in my blasting cabinet, but not the big pieces.  My local media blaster
charges around $75 an hour and they aren't open on Saturdays.  In
addition, if I did the blasting at home I could go directly to the
primer coat without having to haul the parts home in the truck, in the
weather, rusting, etc.  Comments/suggestions?

Thanks
Dave C