Re: [Shop-talk] air compressor question

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] air compressor question
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:03:30 -0400
I'm not really getting this 20lb drop through the hose.  The way I
learned physics, if there is 125 psi in the tank, and the regulator
is set to 125, there's 125 psi at the end of the hose.  Now, when you
hook that up to a low tire, there will be less than 125 for a while,
but eventually the system will reach 125 in the tank, hose and tire
if you let it.  It might take a while, so if that's your problem,
there are various ways to address that.  Higher pressure at the
compressor is one.  Or larger diameter hose.  Of course, if this is
just a justification for purchasing a new compressor, then ignore
this and keep shopping.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net