Re: [Shop-talk] Ladybugs (shop related)

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>, <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ladybugs (shop related)
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:23:47 -0500
Are they real red ladybugs, or the damn orange Chinese ones ?  I'd be amazed
(and dismayed) if the orange ones are protected, since they multiply
prolifically and kill the beneficial red ones.

We've been inundated with the orange ones for 6-7 years now in the Midwest.
They bite sometimes and they stink when you smash them.  Some genius thought
it was a great idea to introduce them, and now they're taken over.

In the winter, the inside of the roof sheathing (spaced boards, allowing
some openings to the outside) near the eaves in our garage attic are coated
with tens of thousands of them - a few thick.