Re: [Shop-talk] Leaf Blowers, The new air compressors?

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Leaf Blowers, The new air compressors?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:46:12 -0500
My ancient Echo is handheld, but the nozzle is on a long tube with an
accordion flex section at the blower, and a handle on a rod to allow the
user to swing the nozzle from side to side, holding the blower itself
steady.  Not tiring at all, and for smaller jobs it's easier than strapping
on a backpack.  But I wish I'd have kept the backpack one for bigger jobs,
like fall leaf clean-up.

My newer Echo shredder/vac/blower is a straight, non-flex design (besides
being a POS anyway) and like Tim says, it's unwieldy to use it as a blower.
I can't imagine using it from more than a minor job, and a broom would
probably be just as easy.

Karl