Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garden Tool Hangers
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:53:24 -0800 (PST)
IMHO, all those racks that attempt to hold your tools with some sort of
friction or spring tension clip are useless.  The PO of my house had put up
such a thing (most likely bought from Home Depot), and i got tired of having a
rake or shovel come crashing down onto my head if I happened to brush against
it while walking by.

I ended up getting a rubber maid rack that keeps the tools on the floor.
It's one of these:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/SubCategoryLanding.aspx?SubCatId=ToolSportsStorage&CatName=GarageOrganization

It sticks out a but more from the wall, but it it stores tools more
efficiently, so you have a lot more garage wall free for other things.

If you really want to hang things, I would use large, sturdy hooks and/or big
nails.  You may have to drill some holes in the handles of some of your tools.
You should be able to rattle and shake the hanging tools with no chance of
anything falling down.

Doug