Re: [Shop-talk] Shop Vacs

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop Vacs
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:13:02 -0500
At 11:32 AM 11/8/2009, Jorge Garcia wrote:

 >The other day I had to clean some broken glass from the wife's car and used
 >the house vacuum and I thought that it had better suction than my shop vac
 >which is over 10 years old. Maybe it is time to get a new shop vac
what do you
 >guys recommend?

Jorge,

I guess that depends on your garage.  I'm usually of the opinon that
bigger is better, so when I got a new shop vac a few years ago for
Christmass, I got
what I concidered a big one, 16 gal., 6.0 Peak HP:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00917761000P?mv=rr

But now I find it's actually too big!  Trying to store it is a real
pain in my 2 car
garage.  Then trying to move it around, I actually have to take it
out the side
door of the garage and carry it around to the front of the garage because it
is so large.

That being said, Sears does offer quite a line of shop vacs, and I'm basically
very pleased with it.

John
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229