Re: [Shop-talk] Ladybugs (shop related)

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ladybugs (shop related)
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:57:39 -0500
Eric,

I imagine you've probably dealt with this by now.  When you posted
this, I fired off this email to the NJ DEP:

A property in New Jersey has been inundated with ladybugs.  I have
read about ways to address this.  I am frequently told that you can't
kill them because they are protected by law.  While I have no
intention of initiating a major ladybug genocide, I would  like to
know if this is actually true and what law or regulation it is that
states this.  Thank you.

As the wheels of government agencies turn rather slowly, today I
finally received this reply:

Steve, the ladybugs you refer to are asian ladybugs. There is no law
preventing you from destroying them.  I use regular household bug
spray.  Check the web for further information.

This came from from Larry Herrighty <Larry.Herrighty@dep.state.nj.us>

So, if another plague of ladybugs should occur, you have official
permission to dispatch them as you see fit.  Of course, in your shop,
I would expect maybe inchworms.  Wouldn't that be more appropriate?

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net