Re: [Shop-talk] wood lathe

To: "Dan and Jenny Fest \(Coles Nurseries Inc\)"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] wood lathe
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:05:13 -0500
It will be very difficult to start with dowels and get them aligned. Instead
start with slightly oversize turning blanks (I usually eight side them -
making long octagons) and turn that into your desired shape.

Also, I do not know off hand the turning properties of poplar. It may or may
not be a good species for turning.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell