[Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:24:55 -0800 (PST)
The Craftsman (1/2 hp) garage door opener in my garage is suddenly not working.
It makes clicking noises but the chain doesn't move. I don't know if weather
has anything to do with it but it started a couple of days ago when we
experienced snow and the temperature has not risen beyond 50 F. While this
unusual for Houston I am sure that the Sears did not make it with warm weather
in mind. The opener did work one day when the temperatures had risen and the
sun was out. The garage is detached and not insulated.
Please let me know how I can troubleshoot this problem.
Thanks
Jorge