Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toilets
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:33:56 -0500
At 06:28 AM 12/18/2009, Ron Olds wrote:

 >I am looking at replacing some old toilets in the house with the
new ones which
 >use less water.  I k now some of the new ones are not very effective when it
 >gets down to what they need to do while others work very well.  Does anyone
 >have any recommendations of which ones work well or which ones to stay away
 >from.  I don't want to buy a piece of crap I just want to get rid...

Ron,

I replaced mine years ago with the standard toilets from the Box
stores.  I think
they are American Standard, and I believe they ran under $100 - say 10 yrs ago.

They work well most of the time, but they due clog often, say at least once a
month.

I know they make some power flush toilets, but I've never messed with them.
Not sure how much they run either.  But a plunger as an accessory for each
toilet, my be a lot cheaper than trying to get one of the power flushers. :)

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic