Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer

To: "Mullen, Tim (IS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>, Team shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:46:10 -0800
I'm trying to remember what my dad did. I think he nailed a 2x4 to the barn
wall about a 6" from the floor, had a 6' pry bar and a short 2x4 or
something. I sort of remember laying the tire on the floor, laying the short
2x4 next to the bead, then using the pry bar to push down. I think we'd also
pound on the bead with a 3# hammer. If memory serves.
Brian K