Re: [Shop-talk] Mustan oil level

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mustan oil level
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:52:18 +0000 (UTC)
Oops ... shouldn't write a message in haste when I'm late for a meeting. I only
add HALF a qt. at 2.5-3K miles and, yes, I know hole is spelled 'hole,' not
'whole.' I'm not unhappy with using a qt. every 6K miles; I've read the oil is
likely being sucked in through the PCV valve (an air/oil separator would help,
but don't know if it's worth it). Makes sense re: the crosshatched section
(though that doesn't extend from the bottom to the top hole).

Anyway, my question is why does Ford not want owners adding any oil unless the
level is below the bottom hole--why shouldn't I keep the oil topped up?

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA