Re: [Shop-talk] Scotch-locks and T-Taps

To: Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Scotch-locks and T-Taps
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:55:18 -0500
So, a T-Tap is an insulation displacement connector on one wire, used
to connect to a spade terminal on another.  And the equivalent
scotchlok is essentially two insulation displacement connectors in
one, electrically connected together.  And in the common vernacular,
none of this really has anything to do with whether or not either one
is actually made by 3M.  One might then consider a T-Tap to be better
because it is relying on only one insulation displacement connection,
rather than two?  OK, I suppose if what I just said is correct, then
I understand it now.  Thanks.

-Steve