[Shop-talk] MP3 players

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] MP3 players
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:27:06 -0800
This is actually for my shop, so on-topic (sorta):

The Memorex "Clip and Play" MP3 player that provides music in my garage has
died after a year of more-or-less continuous service.  Suited my desires
well, I just loaded 2 Gb of my favorite music into it and let it run on
"scramble play" (amp & speakers are wired into the light switch); so I'd
like to find something similar that would perhaps last a bit longer.

Still, at $20, I could just plan on buying a new one every year, wouldn't
bother me as much as paying nearly 10 times as much as an iPod that also
requires I install unreliable and obtrusive software on my PC just to
program the thing.  The Memorex just emulates a thumb drive, no special
software needed.

So, my question is, does anyone have experience with another "non fruity"
MP3 player in the under $50 price range?

Randall