Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:50:57 -0500
Hi, Marcus,

    First off you hit the nail right on the head when you said: "The
collective wisdom on this list never ceases to amaze me."

    About x10.com - well they sure bought into the "sex sells" message.
What do scantily clad young ladies have to do with the systems being
advertised?  The "eye-candy" distracts me from looking at the product so I
end up not looking at their site at all.  Hype is right.

    How about poking around Smarthome?  www.smarthome.com  On their "Cameras
and Surveillance" page they have a "Camera Selection Assistant" that lets
you narrow down the number of cameas to review.  I don't know how they
compare price-wise.  They have been around for quite a while - I've been
looking at their catalogs for years and dreaming of what I'd like to do
given any money and, more importantly, time.

    Let us know what you do - I've got an area behind my garage that I'd
like to be able to watch.

Mark