Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:06:42 -0500
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> > Night-stick abilities are in the DUMPERS tho, Dave!!!
>
> Might be mistaken, but I believe you can get either an LED version of the
> old 5 D-cell Mag lite; or an LED conversion that fits the incandescent
> version.
>
> MAG are about five years behind the curve when it comes to LEDs.
they've got good optics, but their emitters and drivers are so-so.  They're
on the same level as the five buck things hanging on pegs next to cash
registers.  It'd be nice if MAG could get their act together and build a
decent LED flashlight, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think there's a 5D version of the LED flashlight, just of 2 and
three cell versions, and the 2AA one.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com