Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:22:25 -0700
> Actually, what I find with most companies, if you are polite and nice,
> they will go out of their way to "make things right."

Many years ago my first wife's Toyota needed a new battery. The brakes were
fine ;-)   We were reading the paper and the Sears ad listed some
batteries on
sale, the ending date was sunday the 10th.  We decided we'd go down there on
sunday and get a battery on sale.  We get to the store and the fellow
says that
it was a misprint, the 10th was saturday, the sale was over, too bad chumps.
We made a bit of a fuss, the ad said the sale ended sunday.  The manager was
called in and confirmed we had missed the sale.

Monday we mailed off a letter to Sears corporate headquarters, a copy of the
erroneous ad included.  The letter was short, to the point and not
belligerent.
Friday we got a phone call from that manager asking us if we'd like to come
down and purchase a battery at the advertised sale price.

I'm still amazed that a corporate entity like Sears acted so quickly to make
things right.

I won't discuss the current level of quality in Craftsman tools.

mjb.