Re: [Shop-talk] Snow blower repair

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>, "shop-talk@autox.team.net List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Snow blower repair
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:34:24 -0500
MIne is 24" cut.  It does bear down and move thru the snow but doesn't throw
it far enough.  I can't tell how many revs its developing but the engine
sounds normal.

Thanks everyone for you help.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/

On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:

> I would think that the motor should run at least 3000 rpm without any load
on it. Does it appear to do that? And then with a reasonable load on it I
would not expect it to slow down a great deal if the motor is healthy and
sized appropriately for the width of the machine.

> You did not mention how wide the cut is. Your dad's 6hp would have a much
better time of it if it is only 24 to 30 inches wide than a 7hp working
against a 36 or 40 inch cut.