Re: [Shop-talk] Hanging a Cuckoo clock

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hanging a Cuckoo clock
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:10:19 -0800
> if you lift the weight
> with one hand while pulling the chain with the other,

The 'expert' told my wife not to do that, as it could allow the chains to
come off the sprockets inside the clock.  I think she even derailed a chain,
by trying to wind it without the weight on the end.

But either way, I want the mount to be able to handle "worst case".  The
weights are fairly light anyway (this is only a 1-day clock), I'm more
concerned about the tugging every day not loosening the mount over time.

As it happened, HD didn't have the molly I wanted, so I wound up going with
a new fangled toggle bolt thing they claim can hold up to 100 pounds, plus a
hook.  Don't have the clock up yet, but the hook seems really solid.

Thanks again to all that responded.

-- Randall