Re: [Shop-talk] Bird in shop

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Bird in shop
From: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:15:09 -0500
Is it able to get in on its own, or just when you open the door? I'd
start by making sure it can't get in when you're not around. I suspect
that if you lock it out for a few days, it'll give up and go find
somewhere else to live.

Barring that- how about leaving a loop of Hawk (or other predator
bird) calls playing inside?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org> wrote:
> My garage is a converted carport, and a previous tenant (sparrow) refuses to
> respect the new tenant (me). It keeps coming in and crapping on my motorcycles
> (it finds the mirrors particularly attractive). Other than spraying it with
> something flaming or sticky and then stomping it to death, how do I get it to
> not come in the garage anymore? Chasing it every day isn't getting the message
> through, no matter how much of a panic it gets itself into. I'm assuming
> relocating won't work. I really don't want to have to kill it, and a cat would
> mostly knock lots of stuff off the shelves in its attempt to.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums