[Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:14:01 -0400
OK, I know the basics about bending tubing.  The situation I have is
that I have purchased a stainless exhaust system designed for my
particular model car.  The problem is, it is not perfect.  Some
adjustments have to be made for it to fit into the car.  I can take a
torch, get an area red hot and apply a little pressure.  I think if
things go wrong,  the side of the pipe that is being compressed tends
to kink.  I try to apply more of the heat to the stretching side.  I
also try to adjust by taking the bends that are already there, and
increasing or decreasing them.  Does anyone have any tricks I don't
know for this job?  Thanks.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html