Re: [Shop-talk] Gophers

To: mike rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gophers
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:30:20 -0700
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:08:08AM -0700, mike rambour wrote:
>  How much to rent him for a few weeks ? and does he do anything about
> gophers ?  I don't have a mice problem but there is a friggin gopher
> that is causing me to turn into Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Some time ago on this list I asked if it would be a good idea
to use a harbor freight oxy-acetlyne torch setup as a cheap
Rodex 4000

http://www.rodexindustries.com/4000.html

I live the idea of using fire (Beavis: FIRE! FIRE!) but it's not a good
idea during fire season.

My cat's acquired a taste for gopher.  The first one she caught and
brought up on the porch to play with.  Worried that she'd get bored and
let it escape, I went out and whacked it with a stick.  I got such a dirty
look from the cat.  Pathetic human.

But after that she decided to eat them.  You can bet that she gets
lavish praise when she does.

An even better way is cinch traps

http://store.gopherslimited.com/

They work really well on our small California gophers and moles.
You have to be on the ball so you can place the trap in a burrow
that's currently being used, but if you do it right you'll get them.

I have tried everything else- smoke bombs, poison, other traps,
chewing gum, chemical warefare using bleach and lye, and nothing
works like the cinch traps.

Eric

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96