Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing Ford Brake Pedal Assembly

To: Gordie Bird <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing Ford Brake Pedal Assembly
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:47:49 -0400
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Gordie Bird <mg_garage@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't know what might be wrong, but looking at just the labor cost, it
> looks as though there is a fair amount of labor. Dealers use a flat rate
> table and if your dealer is at $100/hr labor, then that is 3 hours labor for
> an experienced technician with factory manuals and tech assistance in hand.
> Even if you had the same experience as a dealer tech, I doubt you could
> break the labor time if you've never done the job before.
> I'd negotiate it with the buyer, unless he is in no hurry and you have
> nothing but time.
> Good luck.

I'd see if I could find out what's actually involved.  If there are no
special tools required, I'd do it myself. Flat rate books tend towards the
generous; particularly if they don't assume specialized tools.  If there are
tools required, or it looks like its a pain, I'd have the shop do it.  (I
don't think I'd take a 11 year old ford truck to the dealer: every
indpendent shop in the  country works on F series trucks every day. )

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html