Re: [Shop-talk] Brake bleeding failure

To: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake bleeding failure
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:16:07 -0400
OK, so I confess it was more than 10 psi.  The article John Blair
posted said 15 to 20.  Most others said 15.  Believe me, if I ever
get up the nerve to try this again, I won't be going over 10!  Don't
know why you think there should be a problem getting air out of the
system.  I replaced the rear brake hose, that's all.  Probably got
all the air out of that just by doing one rear wheel.  Still, seemed
like a good opportunity to flush and replace all the fluid.  This
little "accident" did not introduce any air into the system.  It just
pumped a whole lot of fluid into the master cylinder, through the
gasket and onto the floor.  Not sure why you're saying you hate
silicone brake fluid.  I'm not a big fan myself, but that was what
was in this car when I bought it.

-Steve

At 08:43 PM 4/6/2010, Shop at \" Just Brits \" wrote:
><< I wasn't using what I consider to be unreasonable pressure. >>
>
>UNDER ten [10] PSI, Steve ???
>
>EVERY time, I REPEAT EVERY time, I sell & ship an
>eeZiBleed I state in the eMail AND on my Invoice to
>NEVER use more than that.  IIRC, their Directions
>say 14 psi.
>
>Wonder how long it's gonna take you to get the AIR
>out of the system -:) ?!?
>
>Or "just another reason I HATE sillycon fluid" -:) !!

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums