Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage

To: "'Rich White'" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, "'shop-talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] locked out of my garage
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:07:50 -0700
> If I cut the knob off the access door, will I be able to
> unlock and open the
> door or should I just call a locksmith to unlock it.

With the cheap locks I've seen, that should be enough.  But even if not, the
lock body will just be soft "pot metal", so it's easy to drill once the
(relatively) hard skin of the knob is out of the way.

Of course, it depends somewhat on what your time is worth to you.  But even
a medium-grade lock is only $30 or so, while a locksmith on a Saturday is
bound to be several times that much.

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96