Re: [Shop-talk] fuel caddy

To: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] fuel caddy
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:46:25 -0400
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>

> On Wed, 19 May 2010, David Scheidt wrote:
>
>> Well I am tired of dealing with 5 gallon gas cans and California's special
>>> spring loaded anti spill gas caps. Yup I am in need of a fuel caddy,
>>> 25-30
>>> gallons with a pump. Another requirement would be, and this is where my
>>> dilema is I can't seem to find this option, a built in hook on top of the
>>> unit so I can connect a strap to my front end loader to transfer the unit
>>> in
>>> and out of my truck bed.  Any one out their have any suggestions as to
>>> where
>>> I can find a model with these options?
>>>
>>>  How are you going to get out of your truck at the gas station to fill
>> it? Or are you just planning on blowing yourself up?
>>

> Why can't he just fill it up in the bed of the truck?

It's not safe?  There's no guarantee that a decent ground exists between
container and the ground, other than the gasoline nozzle.  Filling a
container with gasoline generates a substantial static charge.  If that
charge is dissipated by a spark from the container to the nozzle you get a
nice fire.  That's not an idle concern; it happens fairly regularly.
Happened to station down the road from me five or six years ago.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html