Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood MIG Welders

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood MIG Welders
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:35:32 -0400
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:
> I see Eastwood has come out with their own branded MIGs, a 135amp and a
> 175amp. B The specs look good--both have infinite current settings--and the
> 175 includes a 'free' spool gun for aluminum and it's 'only' $500.
>
> What y'all think?

They're made by someone else for eastwood.  Unless Eastwood's pricing
department has screwed up, they're available elsewhere for less.
They're a Chinese copy of someone else's design.  But mig welders
aren't exactly rocket science in the 21st century.  The electronics
are all bog-standard commodity parts (though there are differences
inthe qulity of parts used.).  There's an awful lot of commonality in
the mechanical parts.

If I wanted a Chinese welder, I wouldn't buy one from Eastwood.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html