Re: [Shop-talk] Thread Repair

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Thread Repair
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:19:19 -0400
I'm not sure what you meant about filing down the bad thread, but
there are thread files made for cleaning up threads.  They are a lot
cheaper than large dies and all you have to match is the pitch, not
the diameter.  I guess step one is to pull the transmission as you
have to do that anyway.  If you can see damaged threads, then hitting
them with a thread file seems like a reasonable idea.  The couple of
week scenario doesn't sound too pleasant.

-Steve