Re: [Shop-talk] Musty seats

To: <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Musty seats
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 16:47:36 -0500
I would never have considered washing them, but why not?  I'll give it a try
if the Fabreeze doesn't do the trick.

From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
To: jandkstone99@msn.com; shop-talk@autox.team.net
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 11:16:30 -0400

Assuming you can/will take the seats apart, run the seat
foams through a washing machine. Perhaps at the laundromat? I'd be leery about
bleach - not sure how that would affect the foam. Avoid the dryer - might be
too
hot. Just let them air dry with lots of air circulation.

Or talk to an auto upholstery shop. They can either tell
you how to clean them or give you a price to replace the
foams.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell